The Delta School District is administered by the Board of Education, which is elected by the voters of Delta.
Seven Trustees govern the District by establishing educational and administrative policies and regulations. The Trustees guide the work of the Superintendent of Schools and the members of the administrative staff who provide the day-to-day leadership and management of the District.
The Delta School District is a leading district for innovative teaching and learner success Vision subthemes:
Students are engaged through stimulating, relevant and Inspiring educational experiences that ignite a lifelong passion for learning.
• Innovative practices and individualized learning
• Multiple pathways to learner success
• Sustainable, accessible technology supports Innovative instruction
• Education takes place in all parts of the community
• Teachers work collegially to use best practices
Learners are fully prepared and empowered to contribute their personal best to society and become tomorrow’s citizens and leaders.
• Engaged and Inspired learners achieve success
• Delta graduation rates soar!
• Well-rounded global citizens emerge from our schools
Our schools nurture caring relationships, connections and a sense of belonging to our local and global communities.
• Safe and supportive learning community
• A culture of inclusion
To enable all learners to succeed and contribute their full potential to the future
• CARING: Compassion, Empathy, Acceptance, Dedication
• RESPECT: Equality, Fairness, Dignity, inclusion, Trust
• RESPONSIBILITY: integrity, Accountability, Social Responsibility, Safety
• COMMUNITY: Teamwork, Partnership 8, Collaboration, Connectedness
• EXCELLENCE: innovation, Creativity, Achievement, Engagement