Coquitlam Is the third-largest school district In British Columbia with 30, Port Moody and Port Coqultiam, and the villages of Belcarra and Anmore. The total population in the Tri-Cities area is 206,000 spread over 200 square kilometers.
- Consistently rated by British Columbia Ministry of Education as one of the best districts In the province
- New “state-of-the-art. schools with the latest equipment and technology
- Safe and affluent community
- Situated between the Pacific Ocean and the Fraser River in scenic natural surroundings – close to Vancouver and Whistler
- Tradition of over 55 years of academic excellence and scholarship
- Largest International Education Program in Canada
- Third largest school district In BC with 30,00 students In 66 schools
- Eight secondary schools: Dr. Charles Best. Gleneagle, Port Moody. Riverside. Terry Fox, Centennial, Heritage Woods, and Pinetree
- Wide variety of academic and career programs as well as ESL for students in grades Kindergarten to 5 (elementary), grades 6 to 8 (middle) and grades 9 to 12 (secondary)
- History of academic excellence and scholarship
- Secondary school graduation certificate recognized by all Canadian and US universities
- ESL – trained teachers provide support to international students
- Located close to Simon Fraser University, Douglas College and the University of British Columbia
- Excellent homestay, athletic and outdoor opportunities available.
Recreational Teams & Activities
Each school offers a variety of extra-curricular activities and clubs including drama, band, choir, yearbook, skiing, chess and athletic activities as field hockey, basketball, soccer, wrestling, swimming, track 8, field and many others as well. The community also offers many service groups to participate In. Students are encouraged to Join In these extra-curricular activities to experience a feeling of Involvement, as this Is an excellent way to improve language skills In a friendly environment. There are many community sports and performing arts programs available to students within the Coquitlam School District area.