"TOGETHER WE LEARN, CARE AND GROW"
Our vision is to engage, extend and empower our learners. We aim to be responsive to the needs of each individual and personalize a set of learning experiences that are both meaningful and motivating.
We want to prepare our children for the world today and in the future so they feel great about themselves as people, leaders and lifelong learners.
The following 10 points are the foundation upon which we will build our learning environment.
- We are all learners, we are all leaders.
- The working relationship between teacher, student, and family is critical to success
- Strong values, high expectations arid a positive attitude are critical to learning success.
- Having strength in numeracy, literacy, and being competent communicators is important in our community.
- We use a framework for teaching and learning based on the inquiry cycle.
- We aim to empower children to take responsibility for their own learning and personalize learning so that children, individual needs are catered for.
- Positive attitude, personal growth, effort, and high achievement should be promoted, recognized and celebrated.
- We are a learning community that acknowledges that great learners are self-managers, researchers, collaborators etc.
- We want to acknowledge, appreciate and celebrate differences.
- All students are to show progress in their achievement in relation to national standards in reading, writing and mathematics
- All students who are achieving below or well below national standards in reading, writing and maths will be part of target groups and programs aimed to accelerate their learning progress
- The national priority groups of Maori, Pasifika, Asian and students with special education needs will be part of our target setting and actions in the annual plan.
- To review, redesign and implement a “Huapai’ curriculum that addresses the needs of our learners